Friday, June 11, 2010

Relief....

Today I am feeling overwhelmed with gratitude towards my Father in Heaven for blessing our family. For the past year my dad has not been feeling that great. He went in for knee surgery then had a stroke and ever since then he hasn't felt or looked the best. We kept thinking that it would just take time but over time he was getting worse and worse. He never had any energy, all he wanted to do is sleep and when he would try and sleep he wasn't waking up feeling rested. A doctor recommended that he come to Salt Lake to get a bubble test done to check his heart so, last week they come, got the test done, and found out that he had a hole in his heart. WHAT THE HECK?
For the past week I have felt scared, living in fear of losing my dad. Thinking to my self, "I am not ready for my dad to pass into the next life, I need him around for a while." My brain has thought of ever scenario of what would happen, does he live, does he die, does he get brain damage, does he get paralyzed I mean anything and everything my imagination came up with. It has been a stressful week. Yesterday came and he went in for surgery, all our prayers were answered he is alive and doing GREAT! I am amazed at how dramatic the change is in less than 24 hours after the surgery. His surgery was between 1-2 hours and the doctor mentioned it was the biggest hole he has repaired. He went in thinking it would be between 12-15millimeters BUT no it was 30mm, that is larger than a quarter in size. WHOA! No wonder my dad has been so weak and pale these past few months. Today he is home at our place resting, looking and feeling wonderful. I want to leave my testimony of the power of prayer used with faith in our Savior Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Sara said...

oh wow jami!
i had no idea he had heart surgery!
pass along a hug to big rick for me. what a sweet man, I'm so glad he's ok!!!

xoxo

Kim said...

Wow you girls really need to get better at letting us know what is going on! I saw your dad at the dr on the 26! He said he still wasn't well! I am glad they found out what was wrong and he did great during the surgery! Give your family our love!

dianep said...

Oh what a relief that an answer was found and that your dad is on the mend.

Becky said...

It is soooo good to hear that he is really responding well after surgery. It always amazes me that some people get told they just have to deal with feeling tired and weak. Our bodies are amazing and tell us when something is wrong. I'm really glad he found someone that listened when he said he didn't feel right.

Love to all of the fam.