Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Hero Lost....

Claude Theron Wren
May 27, 1916 - March 4, 2012


The world lost a great man this week, my grandpa Claude will be laid to rest on Saturday after 96 years on this earth. Having the knowledge, which I have, of the Gospel that families will live together forever is so comforting in times such as this. I know I will see my grandpa again and that he is in a better place right now with his loved ones who have gone before him.
I try to imagine how people who don't have the knowledge of life after death handle the death of loved ones. I am sad, I will mourn his loss here on earth, but my heart and mind are comforted knowing that I will see him again in the life after and will be able to live with him for all eternity, along with my whole family.
Grandpa Claude to you and your life, you taught me more then you realized.

He was a strong old man. One of the favorite things I remember about my grandpa is a conversation we had. I asked him what his secret to life was and he told me "Movement, when you stop moving you'll slow down and die."
And that, to me is so true.

No comments: