Monday, August 10, 2009

Manti and ATV's....








Last weekend we packed, met up with Grandpa and Grandpa and headed to Manti where we spent a few relaxing days.


Our first day there Andrey and Grandpa headed out in the morning on the ATV and went fishing up Manti Canyon, while Grandma and I, with all the grandchildren followed. But we split off from them and headed to the pond. The girls all played in the water and built a bridge in the stream. What a sturdy bridge it was....hee, hee NOT!


That night we borrowed a couple of ATV's from some neighbors and all of us went up the canyon. This was a lot of fun, Andrey was by himself, Grandma and Grandpa were together, Nikolai and I were on one and Andy and his whole family were on a quad. It was so pretty and after a while Nikolai and I headed home because it was getting cold, while everyone else headed on up a little further and of course off on the side of the mountain they all saw a huge herd of elk.


The next day Andrey, Grandpa, and I headed out of the ATV's and went all the way up the canyon to the top where there was a lake called Snow Lake. We were hoping for some great fishing. We got the lines all ready and my dad made the first cast and Bam he got one, oh this was going to be some good fishing right? Nope, the wind picked up and unfortunately, that was the only fish we got! Darn fish was teasing us. Well, it was a great weekend anyways! Enjoy the pictures I will have some pictures of Andy and his family on the quad once my dad emails them to me they are priceless!
Oh how the Grandchildren love there Grandma!!















2 comments:

Lori said...

Your Mom looks like she is in heaven surrounded by all those grandbabies. It's a wonder she doesn't just move to UT!! Looks like great family fun!

Christy said...

i love the pictures of mom and the kids! (except her hair on that one side looks like a little bed head attached it...lol!)

I love the one of Koli staring up backwards while she is reading to susie - SOOO stinking cute!