Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jolly Old Saint Nik....

So, last night was our ward party and The Big Man in a Red Suit came!

All the kids gathered around Santa's feet listening to him tell stories. When he was done telling stories he started to have, one by one, each kid come and sit on his lap. I wasn't going to push Nikolai to go up there if he didn't want to so after about 15 minutes and the amount of kids was getting smaller I looked at Kola and asked him if he wanted to go sit on Santa's lap? He didn't immediately respond with NO, he just said, "Minute mom, minute!" OK sweet! So, I figured he is actually interested and I waited till one more kid went then I gave him a little shove saying, "go up there its your turn." And again he responded, "Minute mom, minute!" So, then I asked him if he wanted me to come up there with him and with a quick response he said, "YES". Awesome, is what I am thinking so I climbed up on the stage, scooted over to the side of Santa and when the next kid was done, I told Kola it was his turn and guided him towards Santa and he walked right up there, sat down, and looked at Santa.
Here is how he did:



Santa starts out by asking him what he wants and he doesn't say anything. Then Santa asks him if he wants a truck - Kola nods his head, then Santa asks if he wants a tractor and Kola nods his head again. Santa then asks Kola if he keeps his room clean and helps his mom out and Kola says yes and then starts telling a story, of who knows what. Oh it was so cute!

The best part is I know Kola went up there just for the bag of candy afterwards, because he saw all the other kids getting candy and asked if he could have some. So, I told him the only way you get a bag is if you sit on Santa's lap.

Bribery, works like a charm!

No comments: