Monday, April 11, 2011

Look what the Stork deliver.....


Here is our Special Delivery!


Nina Andreeneva Razuvayeva


7lbs 8 oz 20 in


Born April 8, 2011 at 4:54am




Big brother Kola was so happy to finally meet "baby Nina!"


The Story goes like this: On Thursday the 7th I started the day like any other normal day, got up, got ready, and went off to work. At around 11:30am I went to the bathroom and noticed an obscene amount of mucous. (sorry, for the details) I thought it was weird but didn't think much of it until I spoke with one of my co-workers, mentioned it to her, and she said I had just lost my mucous plug!

WHAT? I thought!

I had never heard of that before, but she went on to tell me that when she lost hers she went into labor with-in 12 hours. EEK!!! I started to get a little scared, fear started to creep in, and I realized this is it, here we go, No turning back now!

Well, I ended up leaving work early around 3:20pm and on my way home I started to feel some light contractions, Nothing huge and nothing constant. I arrived home to kiss Andrey good bye as he went off to work and that left me alone with Kola.

All of you who know Kola know that he is an energizer bunny with TONZ of energy so, we ended up dancing salsa, I chased him around the house, we did laundry, played games and about 6pm my contractions started to begin on a regular pace every 10 minutes. By 10pm they were every 3-5 minutes and we realized we had better get off to the hospital. It was 11pm when we were in the delivery room and the nurses were getting me all hooked up to the machines, then around 12:30 I had to get an epidural, which I was dilated to a 5 at this point. But it took him so long to get the epidural in me by the time he was done I was dilated to a 7. Then my nurse leaves for about 2 hours comes back to say they are thinking of breaking my water, (cuz my water still hadn't broke) but she wanted to check me and as she is checking me she looks up and says, "I can't find your cervix!" "Your dilated to a 10." She leaves call's my midwife and my the time she got there, got the room prepared, I pushed once and with-in a minute Nina was out.

WOW, I would much rather take that 6 hour labor as opposed to Kola's 36 hour.

4 comments:

Kim said...

AWE! She is so sweet! Congrats on your sweet little girl Nina!!!

Misti said...

I can't beleive how much she looks like Kola! Nuts :)

Darling, darling. Can't wait to meet her!!

Temple View Lodge said...

She is so cute! Can't wait to meet her, love gracie, susie, rosie, lillie and andy and heather

Becky said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad the experience this time around was so fast and easy :)